|Job Title||Lab Courier Driver- $1000 Sign on bonus*|
|Location||Maywood,IL*||*Position is based out of Maywood, IL|
|Reports to||Lab Courier/NEV Supervisor|
Limited Time Offer: $1000 Sign on bonus paid during the 1st year of employment. Valid until 11-1-19
Under the supervision of the Operations Supervisor, Lab Courier Driver provides safe and timely parcel pick-up and delivery of laboratory specimens. Also, maintain accurate records of all runs as required.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Report to work on time each day well groomed, and in a clean, pressed uniform.
- Review daily agenda of pre-scheduled calls and locate address on map if time permits.
- Transport parcels according to schedule.
- Maintain calm, pleasant, courteous attitude towards customers and allied health personnel.
- Report any problems that may cause a delay in pick-ups immediately to dispatch.
- Use the Loyola Medical Transport two way radios in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain designated vehicle in a clean manner inside and outside, washing daily at the end of shift.
- Complete a Loyola Medical Transport check out list daily at the start of shift.
- Prepare and complete all applicable logs, questionnaires and bills in a neat and timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of all employees, corporate and patient records
- Follow company procedures and all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Abide by Loyola Medical Transport current Bloodborne Pathogen Plan.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
- Adhere to Company customer service, service excellence, and performance standards.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the Organization’s core values through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Demonstrate safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required:
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Ability to read maps and a good knowledge of Loyola Medicine Transport area. Demonstrated ability to read maps and a good knowledge of the LMT service area.
- Contact with Others: Excellent ability to communicate with patients, customers and allied health personnel.
- Analytical Demands: Problem solving skills necessary to be able to prioritize assignments and make decisions accordingly relating to assignment.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: Must possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and be insurable under the liability insurance guidelines. Also be eligible for driving privileges based on current company standards Violation free driving record preferred.
Physical Effort: Physical demands including lifting (over 50 pounds), climbing, pushing, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
Work environment: Works outdoors, in weather common to northeastern Illinois on a regular basis. Must be able to lift and carry parcels or specimens.
Equipment used: GPS, Maps, large vans or small station wagons.
- Reports to: Operations Supervisor
- Supervises: None
The above primary job duties and responsibilities describe the level and nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. The description should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities performed by this job.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.