|Job Title||Paramedic FT positions- 25% increase to wages|
|Reports to||Operations Supervisor|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
LOYOLA MEDICINE TRANSPORT
25% INCREASE TO THE 2020 WAGE SCALE,
PARAMEDIC FULL TIME, REGULARLY SCHEDULED EMPLOYEES,
CAN EARN $2 MORE PER HOUR TO ENROLL IN SELECTED MEDICAL PLAN, OR
EARN AN EXTRA $4160 MORE PER YEAR FOR OPTING OUT OF MEDICAL INSURANCE.
Under general supervision, and in accordance with Loyola EMS System policies, procedures and SOPs, performs specific tasks required for the effective and efficient care of patients in a pre-hospital setting and/or intra-facility transfers; Exhibits courteous and professional behavior while interacting with co-workers, patients, families, health care professionals, and public safety personnel. Promotes and maintains a smooth working relationship between management and employees. Operates and maintains company equipment in a safe and professional manner. While actual responsibilities may vary, the following are typical of the duties that would be performed. Chicagoland
Basic EMT Responsibilities:
- Performs pre-hospital license appropriate duties in compliance with all State and EMS rules and regulations,.
- Transports sick and/or injured patients to or between appropriate medical facilities and/or residence.
- Actively participates in the safe delivery of patient care and maintains a safe environment for all patients.
- Responds professionally and promptly to instructions from a variety of sources, such as, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients, employees, corporate records, and patient records in accordance with current HIPAA guidelines.
- Safely operates and assists in the maintenance of company owned vehicles as required.
- Performs daily vehicle maintenance check and cleans both the inside and outside of assigned unit on a daily basis.
- Replenishes medical equipment and supplies as needed.
- Monitors and properly operates all communications equipment to ensure efficient, constant, and appropriate contact with the communications department.
- Responds to all requests for service in an optimal manner and the priority of response when directed by the dispatcher.
- Works expediently to ensure availability of resources in order to maximize utilization and productivity.
- Demonstrates flexibility, as patient needs change and the ability to communicate the need for additional assistance when necessary. Assesses the nature and extent of patients’ injuries or illness and establish treatment consistent with state licensure and protocols.
- Produces accurate, legible, and complete documentation on all runs.
- Administers medical treatment in a caring and compassionate manner thus promoting positive public relations for our company and the EMS profession.
- Responds to medical control facilities’ judgment regarding treatment of patients and follows their judgment.
- Communicates all pertinent patient information to medical personnel directly involved with patient care in compliance with local protocols and in accordance with Illinois Department of Public Health and HIPAA Guidelines.
- Abides by company-wide current Bloodborne Pathogen Plan.
- May assist in various duties including but not limited to:
- Controlling crowds
- Protecting valuables
- Assisting medical personnel in emergencies at medical facilities by initiating BLS procedures as defined by the State Department of Public Services and under the direction of a physician
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
- Adheres to department customer service and performance standards.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the Organization’s core values through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
Paramedic Responsibilities - All of the above responsibilities plus the following:
- Drive or attend as defined above and as dictated by Loyola EMS System protocols and the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Perform all advanced procedures required during treatment and transport unless assisted by a licensed Intermediate EMT or Advanced EMT.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required:
- Minimum Education: Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. Where applicable and as required must maintain Continuing Education.
- Contact With Others: Co-workers, clients, patients and families, medical personnel. Must be able to write, read and speak English fluently.
- Analytical Demands: Must be able to think and act calmly and quickly in emergency situations.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: Currently licensed as an EMT or Paramedic by the Illinois Department of Public Health Division of Emergency Medical Services and is approved to work in the Loyola EMS System. Must possess a current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider CPR certification. Must possess a valid State Driver's License (in the State you are applying in), and be eligible for driving privileges based on current company policies and procedures.
- Physical Effort: Physical demands including lifting, climbing, pushing, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching, and otherwise maneuvering heavy patients, with stretchers and equipment (at least 250 pounds). Must pass an employment lift test.
- Work Environment: Works outdoors, in weather common to the region, on a regular basis. Exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.