|Job Title||NEV Driver/ Wheelchair Van Driver (PT)|
General Summary: Under the supervision of the Operations Supervisor you will provide high quality, personalized, safe, timely and courteous transportation of patients.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Report to work on time each day well groomed, and in a clean, pressed uniform.
- Review daily agenda of pre-scheduled calls, locate address on map, if time permits.
- Transport patients to and from point of pickup to destination in a prompt and courteous manner with patient comfort, safely and satisfaction a priority.
- Load, secure and unload wheelchair bound patients from the vehicle and provide assistance to them as appropriate and necessary.
- Transport patients according to schedule, with due regard for public safety complying with all traffic ordinances.
- Report any problems that may cause a delay in pick-up immediately to dispatch.
- Use Edward Ambulance Services two way radio in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain designated vehicle in a clean manner inside and outside, washing daily at the end of shift.
- Complete a Edward Ambulance Services vehicle checklist daily, before driving vehicle.
- Prepare and complete all applicable logs and bills in a neat and timely manner.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all employee, corporate and patient records and information in compliance with Corporate Compliance Policies and Procedures and all state and federal regulations and legislation.
- Must abide by Edward Ambulance Services current Bloodborne Pathogen Plan.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
- Adheres to department customer service, service excellence, and performance standards.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the Organization’s core values through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required:
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Ability to read maps and a good knowledge of Edward Ambulance Services service area. CPR preferred, or must complete an adult CPR class within three months of employment.
- Minimum Work Experience: Recent experience in transporting people, including handling wheelchair patients and passengers that need compassionate assistance preferred.
- Contact with Others: Excellent ability to communicate with patients and allied health personnel, with a focus on customer service.
- Analytical Demands: Proble- solving skills necessary to be able to prioritize assignments and make decisions accordingly relating to assignment.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: Must possess a valid Illinois Driver's License and be insurable under the liability insurance guidelines and eligible for driving privileges based on current policy. Violation free driving record preferred.
- Work environment: Works outdoors, in weather common to Northeastern Illinois, on a regular basis. If driving a wheelchair van must be able to bend and lift patients in wheelchairs as a regular part of the job. Must be able to push, pull or lift 125 pounds.
- Equipment used: Maps, large vans, wheelchairs, lifts, phone, two-way radio
- Reports to: Operations Supervisor
- Supervises: None
The above primary job duties and responsibilities describe the level and nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. The description should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities performed by this job.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.