|Job Title||Hospital Liaison|
JOB TITLE: Hospital Liaison
REPORTS TO: On-site Operations Executive and Marketing
DESCRIPTION DATE: 10/14/14
Responsible for the day-to-day transport coordination from partner hospitals by working directly with the staff as well as CEMS employees at the hospital providing assistance with paperwork and patient property. Supports CEMS operations by facilitating internal communications and positive employee culture events.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for the coordination of all transports provided to them from his/her assigned facility;
- Report to the discharge planners/case workers responsible for transportation and establish the schedule for the day;
- As calls come in, respond to the appropriate floor/area to ensure the paperwork and ancillary documentation/records are prepared and ready for the transport team;
- Interact with the patient and family members, informing them that transportation has been arranged and let them know the approximate time of arrival to patient bedside;
- Ensure that all of the patient’s belongings are packaged up and ready for the transport team;
- When possible, assist the transporting crew with the transfer of the patient from their hospital bed to the stretcher as well as assisting them with patient belongings;
- When needed, perform duties of (at minimum) a Basic EMT (see attached Job Description).
- Network with hospital staff, developing a rapport with the hospital representing CEMS Ambulance in a positive manner;
- Attend case management meetings, as needed or requested;
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers;
- Adheres to department customer service, service excellence, and performance standards;
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the organization’s core values through active involvement in the performance improvement process;
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs;
- Tracks and reports transportation daily and monitors for trends which require action;
- Fosters positive employee relations by organizing employee appreciation and other social events; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Executive.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
A. Minimum Education: High school diploma.
B. Minimum Work Experience: At least one year experience in a hospital setting with the ability to interact with a variety of diverse social groups. Good coordination skills and the ability to multi – task. Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
C. Contact with Others: Management, Communication Center, Supervisors, all employees, hospital staff, patients and family members.
D. Analytical Demands: Problem-solving skills necessary to be able to prioritize assignments and make decisions accordingly relating to assignment. Must be able to think and act calmly and quickly in emergency situations.
E. Certification, Licensure, Registration: Licensed as an EMT-B (at minimum), EMT-S, or EMT-P by the Michigan Department of Consumer & Industry Services and maintained in good standing. Must possess a current American Heart Association CPR certification and maintain in good standing. EMT-P employees must also possess a current American Heart Association ACLS certification, maintained in good standing. Must possess a valid Michigan Driver's License, and be eligible for driving privileges based on current CEMS policies and procedures.
A. Physical Effort: Physical demands including lifting, climbing, pushing, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching, and otherwise maneuvering heavy patients, with stretchers and equipment (at least 250 pounds). Must pass a employment lift test.
B. Work Environment: Works outdoors, in weather common to Southeaster Lower Michigan, on a regular basis. Exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue. May spend some parts of day in normal hospital and office setting.
C. Equipment used: Personal computer, cell phone, standard office equipment
A. Reports to: On-site Operations Executive and Marketing
B. Supervises: None
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the level and nature of work performed by employees assigned to this job. The description should not be considered an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities performed by this job.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.