|Job Title||Wheelchair Van Driver / NEV-25% increase to wages|
LOYOLA MEDICINE TRANSPORT
25% INCREASE TO THE 2020 WAGE SCALE,
FULL TIME, REGULARLY SCHEDULED EMPLOYEES,
CAN EARN $2 MORE PER HOUR TO ENROLL IN SELECTED MEDICAL PLAN, OR
EARN AN EXTRA $4160 MORE PER YEAR FOR OPTING OUT OF MEDICAL INSURANCE.
CALL CAMILLE AT 708-538-5308
Under general supervision, and in accordance with Medical Control Board’s policy, procedure and protocol, performs specific tasks required for the effective and efficient care of patients in a pre-hospital setting and/or intra-facility transfers. Exhibits courteous and professional behavior while interacting with co-workers, patients, families, health care professionals, and public safety personnel. Promotes and maintains a smooth working relationship between management and employees. Operates and maintains company equipment in a safe and professional manner.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Report to work on time each day well groomed, and in a clean, pressed uniform.
- Review daily agenda of pre-scheduled calls, locate address on map, if time permits.
- Transport patients and/or parcels according to schedule.
- Maintain calm, pleasant, courteous attitude towards patients and allied health personnel.
- Report any problems that may cause a delay in pick-us immediately to dispatch.
- Use two way radio in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain designated vehicle in a clean manner inside and outside., washing daily at the end of shift.
- Complete a check out list daily, before driving vehicle.
- Prepare and complete all applicable logs, questionnaires and bills in a neat and timely manner.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all employee, corporate and patient records and information in compliance with Corporate Compliance Policies and Procedures and all state and federal regulations and legislation.
- Must abide by Company’s current Bloodborne Pathogen Plan.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
- Adheres to department customer service, service excellence, and performance standards.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the Organization’s core values through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read maps and a good knowledge of Assigned Service area.
- American Heart Association CPR certification , or must complete an adult CPR class within six months of employment.
- Demonstrated ability to read maps and a good knowledge of our service areas.
- Valid Driver’s License and over the age of 19 with no more than 4 accrued points (insurance requirement)
- Must pass a criminal background check & driving history check
- A completed, violation free driving record preferred.
- Must pass the drug screen
Minimum Work Experience: Recent experience in transporting people, including handling wheelchair patients and passengers that need compassionate assistance preferred.
Contact with Others: Excellent ability to communicate with patients and allied health personnel.
Analytical Demands: Problem solving skills necessary to be able to prioritize assignments and make decisions accordingly relating to assignment.
Certification, Licensure, Registration: Must possess a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL) in state of employment and be insurable under the liability insurance guidelines and eligible for driving privileges based on current policy. Must possess on of the following:
(1) A valid copy of certification in CPR and at least one of the following:
(a) Basic first aid;
(b) Each driver/attendant must have proof of successful completion of the "American Red Cross" or equivalent certifying organization basic course in first aid as approved by the board;
(c) First responder;
(d) Emergency medical technician;
(2) A valid copy of a program designed for transporting clients with special needs that include the following elements:
(a) Major disabling conditions;
(b) Basic considerations for functional factors;
(c) Management of wheelchairs;
(d) Assistance and transfer techniques;
(e) Environmental considerations;
(f) Emergency procedures;
A. Physical Effort: Physical demands including lifting (over 50 pounds), climbing, pushing, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
B. Work environment: Works outdoors, in weather common to the region, on a regular basis. If driving a wheelchair van must be able to bend and lift patients in wheelchairs as a regular part of the job. Must be able to lift and carry crates of mail or specimens.
C. Equipment used: Maps, large vans or small station wagons.
- Reports to: Operations Supervisor
- Supervises: None
Title: Non Emergency Vehicle Driver
Salary Grade: NEV 01
The above primary job duties and responsibilities describe the level and nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. The description should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities performed by this job.
Community EMS utilizes Direct Deposit for compensation. As a condition of employment, all employees must designate a financial institution equipped to accept direct deposits and the number of the account into which the deposit is to be made.